Thursday, October 25, 2012

19 months

Today Lila is 19 month old! My baby! She is so so smart and is such a talker. She has 8 word sentences and chapters away all day long. When we are around new people or people we know but don't see all the time, it takes her a minute to warm up but then she is back to talking away. Lila and I can have full meaningful conversations. She basically understands everything I say to her. This past month we have really started to spell some things.. A parenting milestone I'm sure!
Some of my favorite things Lila says is "day!" for have a good day. She picked it up on her own. When she done eating she says (newly) "tell mommy" because I have been telling her to tell mommy when she is done! Hehe I love the way she says "where is she?". She is always making observations about everything around her. "see that man" "hear baby crying"
Lila loves Elmo! And has a favorite song at the moment. "la la la la la la la Elmo's song...". It's also big birds song, Lilas song, Mommys song, and milk's song!!
Just recently Lila has started giving the labels of "mommy one, baby one, and daddy one".
She is still very into reading and always surprises me with how quickly and much she memorizes in them. She loves "story book" which is goldilocks and the three bears... But no pictures. I was so amazed when she started liking it. She has also started really requesting certain books. She likes to read on we own too and read to baby. I would say de suess is her favorite author.
Besides reading Lila loves to sing. We have some songs we have made up... "ding go the waffles when there done!" and "baby babay, booummm booummm" she sings raffi's "baby baloiga" and "twinkle twinkle" "wheels in the bus" is a favorite. And she is starting to sing the abcs. Lila can almost sing the whole alphabet by herself. She loves to dance and drum, and watch people play interments. .
Everyday with Lila is a gift and I am so thankful I get to be her mommy.

No comments:

Post a Comment