Today Lila is 20 months old. 20 is almost 24 which means 2 years! I'm sure I have said it before but I can't believe my baby, well that she is no longer a little baby. Not a kid yet, a toddler :) she wants to be a kid. She loves playing with babies and kids on the playground. She has a few regular friends from little Stacy park and a couple of others too! We got to see Burke just last week. Burke was visiting his family in Texas and made a stop to catch up with Lila! It was great to see Burke and Annemarie!! We also just got to visit Élan and the Pils!
This month flew by and like every month, Lila learned and did so many new things. Lila knows her colors and loves art, coloring (and looking for seaeme street coloring pages to color)
Lila loves to paint too. She paints pumpkins and paper and rocks!! We love nature walks and collecting things we find. Leaves, rocks, sticks and acorns. Lila makes any walk a nature walk. She is so observant and is always pointing out the "birds way up there... Birds fly away...etc" not only nature people too " hear that baby crying" "see that man coming" "that's her mommy" and so so many more. She just really grasped the concept "you and me" as well as "over under behind" etc. Its so amazing to be able to watch Lilas language develop. She speaks in full sentences (not exclusively) and masters new skills everyday.
She loves to sing, some favorites lately are "I love trash" an Oscar the group song!! Haha it's pretty catchy! Pretty much anything Elmo, Grover, or the count is a hit too.
She is loving reading lots of new books and is starting to read more of her own. She sometimes reads to baby. She sits baby in her lap and reads the book, page by page to her. You can't make things up that are that cute!! :).
Lila loves to do things her "self" and it is sometimes challenging finding the balance of how much help she wants. She can dress her lower half she self and usually likes to. She loves to rush her teeth and wash her hair and body. Oh and "condishers" too!
I almost forgot to mention a huge milestone, Lila is full time in underwear. I noticed she was always coming home with dry diapers and had been waking up with dry diapers for. long while. and I course (as I have mentioned) has been using the potty at home for a looking time (17 plus months).... Rather then buying diapers again we went to target and added 20 pairs of underwear to the collection. Lila spotted Minnie mouse ones and do we bought two packages. We have had a couple (2) of accidents in public but nothing too crazy. She usually always tells when she needs to go to just goes to potty herself.
Everyday Lila teaches me something new. My heart grows bigger, my patience grows longer, my ability to live in the moment and see the now. I am so far from perfect but having Lila as a teacher makes me a better person and mommy everyday.
Tomorrow we are off to winter park to play in the snow! Happy 20 months lika mommy and daddy love you so much,

No comments:
Post a Comment