This time 2 years ago I was just getting started into real labor. I took a picture and sent it to Alison. Daddy was falling asleep on the little couch/chair so we could get some rest :) I never got any rest. In about four hours daddy would wake up realizing that you were really on your way. Gi (as you have been calling her) would be there in about 5 and you would be not in about 8. When the nurse wheeled me to the recovery room (you were in the nursery getting weighed with daddy) I told her "everything looks so different.. The world is so new" then I had the song " a while new world stuck in my head for weeks)
I was right. My world and I would never be the same because now I was Lila's mommy. I love being Lila's mommyX.
What have you experienced in these past two years? Well, a lot....
You were born in beautiful Santa Barbara California. I am sure one day we wil go visit and you will question why in earth we ever moved. (We had good reasons but I miss the produce and would move back too :). In Santa Barbara we enjoyed our little "treehouse" on the Rivera and walked to the mission and rose gardens often. We went to the parks and layer on blankets with other babies. We went and ate breakfast on the beach and took nice walks afterwards. You hated the car and protested the quick 10 minute drives it took to get anywhere in the small town. We read lots of books and went to a class taught by an amazing woman named Laura sobell. We went to the fares markets twice a week and everyone there knew you and watched me waddle down the market and wait for you and then there you were just a week after you were born and every week BD's stand counted your weeks after being born. While I was pregnant a funny man (he really always had us laughing) said she loves you too much! She never wants to be born. You don't love me too much but you do love your mama. You loved being in the Moby and always being close. You like sleeping touching me which I discovered at 5 days old after laying you perpendicular to me so I could finally sleep (which I had only done sitting up for 5 days) and so daddy would feel safe. Your feet on my stomach. And as I lay here next to you typing this your feet are.. On my stomach. I wouldn't have it any other way, I know one day soon enough you will be in a bed that I do not sleep in and then one day a house that I do not sleep in. So for now I will cuddle with you as long as you want.
Lila you love your daddy so much too. I love watching you snuggle and read with daddy. Very recently you have started reading your bedtime stories to him.
You also love to sing. And we all sing songs about anything . Hearing you make up your own songs brings pure joy into my heart and your little voice is the sweetest. After your baths I wrap you up and sing you a song while rocking you I the mirror. We sing "hush little baby l or "rock a bye baby" or other too... But you always pick up and learn the songs so quickly... You start lip singing them. Sometimes I pause mid-song and you fill in the blank. It's so so smart and cute!
You are so smart!! You can count to 20, sing the alphabet, sings lots of other songs too (twinkle twinkle, wind the bobbin, little ducks....). You know soooo many words there is no way I can count them. You talk in complete sentences, you talk in the first person now too. You make jokes (that are funny and unique) you are matter of fact and super fixedly too.
This year was a busy one, we moved (twice) and now live in a nice little blue house just outside austin. We have a big yard and have lots of plan for it. You try to reason with me when I have to foot work and it breaks my heart. You say "mommy you don't have to go" "mommy can stay with Lila" "mommy will play with Lila" awwww sweet girl if only you knew how much I never wanted to leave pyou. You love to help me bake and cook and wash dishes. You love doing (almost) anything with me.
You have grown up so much but you still are a toddler, and have lots of toddler needs. :) we take a nice nap in the middle of the day. You sleep so snuggled with me and daddy. You told me you sleep there because milk is there (like duh!) you are such a good nurser and some days a good eater.
Everyday I love you more and more. The last two years have been the best of my life, being your mommy is a gift. I love you Lila happy birthday.
Ps today for your birthday... You woke up to a surprise! The house was decorated just for you! (I stayed up too late!) I made you a breakfast of "birthday waffles" and daddy and I sung happy birthday and you blew out the candles. We went to play at hopping house (a jumpy place you love) and then... After a nice nap with mommy.... You opened your present... A kitty cat! You named her Barn. And you love and chase and love her!!!






No comments:
Post a Comment